Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sunshine On My Shoulder

Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself or get caught up in my wimpy problems God does a good job of straightening me out. There are so many hurting people out there and all I have to do is open my eyes and all the sudden my problems disappear. I think he has wonderful ways of healing us by allowing us to help others. I'm thankful for so many things today. For the amazing, incredible friends that I have, and the sunshine on a country road, for the time I got to spend with my sister, for triple play Thursday, for the job that he led me to, for the opportunity to serve others, for the God who loves me so much that I can't even begin to understand it.

“God’s highest purpose for you is not to make you comfortable, wealthy, or happy. If you have put your faith in him, he has something far more wonderful in mind—he plans to conform you to the likeness of his Son!”

1 comment:

Sammie said...

who the heck said that??? that's like my new favorite quote!