Friday, February 20, 2009

Darfur

I don't really know what good it does for me to post this article, or for you to read it but I feel like at the very least we can care. Obviously something bigger needs to happen but we can start by hitting our knees. We can ask that brutality and hatred will someday become a thing of the past. Care to join me?


"The worst sin towards people is not to hate them, but to be indifferent toward them. Contrary to popular opinion, the opposite of love is not hate, the opposite of love is apathy."
-George Bernard Shaw

3 comments:

TaiYang said...

When I was in my friend's village over the Chinese new year, many people asked me about Sudan [they thought Sudan was in/around India?? And I was the black guy] I didn't understand why this interest until my friend told me that many people from his village were labourers in Sudan!
I once saw a documentary on this by George Clooney and Don Cheadle... they were also protesting the support many nations were giving the govt there, inc China

It is sad when people just stand by and watch, it's worse when they make money out of it

p.s: http://aranting.blogspot.com/2008/08/think-again.html quote borrowing? Now I feel justified making my own quotes too :)

Sammie said...

Dude, you're my hero. Thank you so much for posting that amazingly written article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent link and quote. An old friend (can I be called that?) from America says hello, and that a Carpenter is fixing things for him now.